Tips for Sapa tour
For quite a long time, Sapa is a best destination for any tourist. Staying in Sapa means away from daily worries that you had before. Sapa is a small town lies in the Hoang Lien range, Lao Cai province, Vietnam. In colonial time it was the resort area for French people relaxing at weekend. Nowadays, Sapa welcomes thousands of tourists to visit, to taste local foods and get to know customs, culture of the ethnic people. The weather here is cool all year round. There is no concept of summer in this 1500m high land. Whereas, mostly the North of Vietnam is extremely hot from May till October. So Sapa is the premier choice not only foreign tourists but Vietnamese as well.
Till now, there is a big number of tourists arriving Sapa but know nothing about the land, only when they get in trouble or nuisance they realize that the advices before setting their foot is so useful.
1. What to bring: long clothes, jacket, good pair of trekking shoes, camera! Sapa need time to trek to enjoy the beauty by your eyes. And the weather is quite cold in winter (sometime snow).
2. There are many children in every village (especially Cat Cat). Please don’t give them money. Many tourists did that and felt embarrassed with many other showed up around promptly. You could see dozens of children making good circle around and only dispersing when you give every single child money. We don’t talk about the sympathy. They are very miserable even many don’t have trousers. But you give them money can’t improve their lives. On the contrary, they seem to be relied on you than to develop themselves to earn the living. When you visit the village it is better for them to stay at the school than to follow you for money.
3. When you visit Lao Chai, Ta Van village; as a usual, you have companions, they are local H’Mong or red Dzao. They are very helpful, friendly, easy-going. Normally they are women and children. They may trek with you 8-10km, talk with you, make little souvenirs, and try to sell their local products. They are scarfs, hats, table runners, skirts, handbags, wallets… I think you only buy when it is necessary with reasonable price.
4. Sapa is a real tourism paradise. Beside visiting the village the Sapa town have more things to see than your imagine. you love the beauty of flowers, Ham Rong mountain is a selective choice, a huge flower park awaiting. Shopping is good enough here, there are goods that you can not see where-else.
5. Don’t forget to try snake wine. The kind of wine: 1 people drink, 2 people happy. Sometimes, it is stronger than viagra!!!
And there are still some more interesting tips. Log in our website for more information.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED
Visit Heaven Gate – Sapa 2 days tourSunflower - Apr 28, 2017
Visit Heaven Gate - Sapa 2 days tour Nowadays, when referring to the gates of heaven, people often think of…
Mai Chau 2 days tour – When to visit Mai Chau ?Sunflower - Apr 28, 2017
Mai Chau 2 days tour Mai Chau is a valley surrounded by mountains , so the weather is generally dry…