How to save money when traveling in Vietnam
Traveling to Vietnam has never been so easy like at this moment.
Vietnam is safe, cheap, friendly country in Asia. But with a tight budget to Vietnam how could you enjoy more than you have? Here are 8 tips for you:
1. Fly cheap airlines.
Booking the ticket in advance could be the very good way to save your money. You could have 50%-70% discount if you know what is the best time to buy the tickets. Years ago, if you wanted to fly between continents, you were stuck with traditional expensive airlines (i.e. Lufthansa, Thai, JAL, American, British, Qantas, etc). That’s no longer true. Budget airlines now service many long-haul routes, making it possible to bounce around the world for very little money. Norwegian Airlines allows you to fly to/from Europe and Bangkok for about $250 each way. WOW air is introducing cheap fares to and from the United States. Air Asia offers crazy-cheap deals around Asia and Australia for as little as $100 each way. Indian and Middle Eastern airlines offer cheap flights throughout the subcontinent and Africa. Many times, these low-cost airlines offer no-fare tickets — you pay just the taxes. You get fewer perks on these airlines, but you can save a bundle in ticket costs. Be sure to check out how far the airports are from the city center — sometimes transportation from the airport to the city can actually make a budget airline ticket more expensive. However, in general, these low-cost budget airlines are a dream, and I tend to use them for all my non-overnight flights.
2. Eat where local eat.
Vietnamese has the habit to eat street – food. It is so nice. Authentic Vietnamese cuisine and very important it is so cheap. Travelers could have a bowl of “pho” just for 1$ whereas restaurant could takes you 20$ or more. 1 more thing why we have to eat where local eat is the local know every corner in their country. It not only cheap but good food as well. To know more about this please visit http://blog.Arokatravel.com/travel-guide/what-to-eat-in-vietnam/
3. Book the travel ticket directly with tour organizer, not third party who takes commission.
Some travel agency they take commission extremely high. They could earn half even more the tour price. If you know exactly who you will book with, you could save a lot. Hanoi has hundred of travel agencies but not much tour organizers. I know 1 of the best because I have experienced tour with them: arokatravel.com, you could have the information all over Vietnam.
4. Ask the local how much they pay. Locals live here long time they know the true value of their money. Of course they have the real need to travel Vietnam. When you have open tour, there are people on bus/van how much they pay so you could make the comparison. (You get back Hanoi and talk with the travel agency if the difference is big enough, a few bucks difference don’t make a consideration).
5. Withdraw money not exchange.
You could change money at any travel shop. But generally they change with their own rate not the bank rate. They could take 1000 đ-2000 đ every US dollar. Other currency you even lose more. In Vietnam, you could withdraw money in dong, and the fee just 3%. So you also could save money by this way right.
6. Travel low season. To guarantee the money in pocket till you fly back home you should avoid the unnecessary expenditure. The others zig and you zag. Make it your own way. Come to Vietnam in summer is a very good idea. This time you could see many banners “summer discount”, “special summer offer”… They could give you 40%-50% off. Wow for a long vacation it is a big sum of money, right? Not only tour but accommodations, restaurants are reasonable price as well.
7. Avoid booking in advance as much as possible. Why? As usual booking in advance could give you good price why i do the contrast. Vietnam is improving services. You could book your tour last minute with much lower price. You know, no cruise wants to depart with empty cabins. Or what happens with the 29-seat bus carrying wind inside? They don’t like that. You could make a talk with them and enjoy the 2-3 day service with the price of 1 day. Cheers!!!
8. Hostel and dorm instead chain hotel.
Old quarters Hanoi has no less than 20 hostels and dormitories. If you travel solo dormitory cost 5-7$/ night including breakfast. Couple just pay 10-12$ for a romantic night. To check availability you could tap arokatravel.com for more details.